Position: National Account Manager
About FleetPride, Inc.
With annual revenues of approximately $1 billion, FleetPride is North America's premier and largest independent distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer replacement parts. The company owns and operates over 260 branches in 45 states, as well as 5 distribution centers and 5 manufacturing facilities. FleetPride headquarters is located in Irving, TX.
FleetPride carries a full line of nationally-recognized, brand name parts, as well as an assortment of exclusive-brand parts, offering over 180,000 SKUs to 85,000 customers. The company offers in-house remanufactured products such as brake shoes and driveline components and provides truck and trailer repair services at many locations.
This position is responsible for maximizing sales opportunities for specific FleetPride National Account customers by developing, maintaining and growing national account relationships with our large, multi-site national accounts. The National Account Manager (NAM) will lead the establishment, negotiation, implementation and compliance of agreements which drive profitable growth for FleetPride. The NAM will focus on deploying site specific customer strategies and programs to retain existing business, improve penetration and growth share of wallet. The NAM will provide sales leadership to, and partner with field sales & operations leadership and internal FleetPride resources to embed FleetPride's value proposition and solutions across local National Account sites to help customers reduce total cost of ownership. Each national accounts will generally represent current sales greater than $1M with significant growth potential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, direction and support to FleetPride Branch Managers, Outside Sales Reps and internal FleetPride resources relative to the strategic and tactical implementation of customer specific programs.
- Develop strong relationships across the customer's organization and deeper within the organization to influence decision makers at all levels. This includes the customer's corporate head quarters, key regional maintenance contacts as well as the local maintenance shops in each market.
- Develop and implement programs for the delivery of specific solutions which address customer's business objectives. Examples include: Product category focus like Brakes, Filters, and Batteries including FleetPride's Exclusive OTR Brand, Contract Compliance, and Multi location agreement implementation.
- Expand product categories for greater share of wallet plus conceive and implement new programs to drive FleetPride margin improvement.
- Develop, maintain and communicate pricing in coordination with the corporate office. Maintain pricing & part numbers in all requisite systems.
- Be able to lead and navigate a sales campaign through multiple levels in a complex organization.
- Lead the development of relationships with FleetPride branch operations and field sales by spending time with Outside Sales Representatives assisting in driving program compliance at local customer shops.
- Manage extensive travel based on priorities, and be responsible for customer action planning and project management to meet growth objectives.
- Coordinate and attend appropriate industry trade shows
- Be able to communicate effectively across the FleetPride and customer's organization in a variety of forums. Examples include developing professional power point presentations and the ability to execute a defined sales process as well as collaborate with FleetPride Inventory, Pricing and Category Management teams.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Undergraduate Degree or equivalent business experience; preferred.
- Strong product knowledge of heavy duty truck and trailer parts industry preferred
- Results Orientation / Sense of Urgency
- Negotiation skills
- Experience leading strategic, national, or key accounts
- Strong understanding of analytical, statistical and financial processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Training and/or experience with strategic selling process and tools
- Experience with leading pilot programs and large-scale implementations
- Experience using financial, customer and operational metrics to drive strategy
- Strong presentation skills
- Problem solving and multi-tasking
- Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Utilization of SalesForce.com and or other CRM tools
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Field Based position which reports directly to the head of National Accounts
- This position requires an autonomous thinker and self starter that can work in an environment with a great deal of ambiguity, while leveraging the vast resources of FleetPride in a field based position.
- Manages key supplier & interpersonal relationships to ensure successful program implementation.
- The ability to travel 50% - 70% or more of the time based on the locations of National Accounts.
Has direct impact on the success of National Account / Commercial Regions revenue and profitability goals. Is the company representative with our largest customers. Manages sales portfolios from $800K to $25+ million. Negotiates multi-million dollar agreements that determine deal profitability. Provides leadership and facilitation of the selling process that includes cross-functional and field business partners. Is accountable for creating and implementing selling and marketing plans for assigned National Accounts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Account Management: 1 year (Required)
- Powerpoint: 1 year (Required)
- automotive or heavy duty truck: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home
- On the road
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts