FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Provides leadership to finance and accounting team regarding all technical accounting questions and update the organization on changes to critical accounting policies and procedures; Manages the general accounting function, which includes but is not limited to inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management, and employee stock compensation; Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and reviews monthly reconciliations and journal entries to assure accurate financial information is generated in accordance with GAAP and policies and procedures, and proper internal controls are in place; Supports Corporate Tax, Treasury and Risk departments with dealing with tax-related issues and meeting reporting requirements; Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and support compilation of MD&A. Communicate financial metrics to senior management; Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions; Acts as point of contact between the Company and our independent accounting firm regarding all annual audits, and other financial reporting matters; Assists with the development and implementation of new procedures and processes to enhance the productivity, efficiency, and workflow of the Accounting Department; Provides oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury and payroll departments to ensure GAAP compliance; Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required involved in validating and designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met; Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for the continued development of these associates. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested; Participates in initiatives and special projects as required by senior management.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and other individuals and organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment & Decision making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Computer skills: The ability to learn new programs and utilize them to improve performance.
- Technical Knowledge: Apply industry experience to ensure compliance with industry and FleetPride standards.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Mathematics: Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Oral Expression : The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression: The ability to communicate job information so technician will understand the requirements.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not only involve recognizing there is a problem but also solving it.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification;
- MBA or CMA is preferred.
- Management experience required, with a proven track record of successful people management;
- Experience with MD&A, footnotes and disclosures required.
- Minimum 8 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multi-site business;
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams;
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions;
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, establish and execute plans to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure with strong attention to details is required;
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial reporting systems;
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required;
- Strong computer skill, proficient in Microsoft office suite and advanced skill in Excel;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and mandatory.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.