Junior Project Manager
As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2018 and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
The Junior, Project Manager will be responsible for managing and/or supporting the delivery of small to medium size projects in the FC portfolio. This role manages cross functional teams responsible for delivering project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. Project Managers plan, organize, monitor and oversee one or more projects to meet defined requirements and/or business specifications. They work closely with FC team members to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results. Project Managers have the primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing direction they require in order to meet project objectives. They also ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. The Project Manager must be able to build and maintain key relationships within the business and key vendors, as well as work closely with other team members to manage the demand that comes into the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All applicants must possess the following:
- Maintain a high level of quality in project management processes and deliver all required project artifacts including but not limited to:
- Project Charter
- Risk, Issue, Decision, Action, Constraints Log
- Project plan
- Status and Steering Committee Reports
- Project Close Out report and Lessons Learned register
- Participate in the continuous development of the FC program/project planning, scheduling and resource management practices
- Perform issue management and escalation as they relate to the delivery of the FC projects.
- Manage, develop, motivate and engage project teams to ensure project delivery
- Strive for 100% on-time and on-budget projects
- Provide program/project health reviews, and the implementation of any corrective actions
- Support post implementation project reviews and the integration of any lessons learned into future project delivery as well as third party project reviews
- Support and provide responses to any internal or external compliance audits or investigations
- Perform special assignments on an as required basis
- 1+ years of hands on experience managing projects
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business and/or Project Management
- Project Management Certification and/or Courses completed
- Familiar with project management software tools (eg. ServiceNow, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Project Powerpoint, MS Powerpoint, etc)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (eg PRINCE2, PMI, Agile)
- Ability to adapt and drive change
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel with coaching and mentoring with senior team members
- Ability to contribute to Project Management process improvements
- Knowledge of existing business and IT processes and technologies
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
- Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
- Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to influence teams and drive results.
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodations that take into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-944-0863.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.