Director, HR (Human Resources)
As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto s Top Employers for 2018 and one of Canada s Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We were also recently recognized as one of Canada s Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018. See more: http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
Main Business Objectives
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, HR, the Director, HR will be responsible for North American Human Resources operations. The successful incumbent will work in partnership with the EVP HR in strategy development and execution. The ultimate goal being the delivery of high impact HR practices for the North American Region and the advancement of our overall employee engagement and experience through an award winning culture.
This role based in our Toronto, Ontario global headquarters will be focused primarily on Canada (80%), USA and Mexico, with the opportunity to also work as part of our (small but mighty) global HR team where you will interact with a European counterpart to ensure best practices are shared and implemented around the globe.
Fleet Complete currently has many award winning HR practices, the ideal person for this role will expand and complement our existing programs with their demonstrated experience from large global enterprises. Fleet Complete seeks an ambitious person who wants to escape the constraints of former large enterprises to move to a fast paced, rapidly scaling technology organization with the knowledge and ability to transfer suitable enterprise practices with agility as we scale.
This hands-on Director, HR will act as a partner to the leadership team, ensuring they are inspiring the best in our people and therefore driving business results. The ideal candidate will be employee facing, often dealing with the complexities of employee relations, pay equity, compensation, benefits design and disputes. Your modus operandi will be of fairness, respect and having fun while driving business value.
Director, HR (Human Resources)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a strategic business partner to management while taking ownership for HR operations and support to employees across Canada, USA and Mexico in the near future.
- Work as a partner to the Talent Acquisition team, ensuring a seamless and amazing candidate experience for new employee onboarding from offer letter to departure.
- Manage and enhance our performance management program (Bamboo) to support managers and employees with performance, coaching, goal setting, succession, recognition and career management.
- Assist in the design and delivery of various strategic HR programs across all business functions.
- Measure employee engagement and utilize basic HR analytics/insights to develop actionable plans to elevate the employee experience.
- Manage the HRIS and the overall ease of use and engagement with the platform.
- Manage (potentially deliver components of) the employee orientation and onboarding program.
- Manage the execution of all employee related agreements including stock option grants, administration is taken care of by Finance.
- Manage vacation, volunteer, sick and personal leave records and all exit related calculations.
- Manage a team of 2 direct reports, ensuring their front line engagement with all employees in North America.
- Handle confidential business and employee documentation.
- Live, evangelize and deliver programs to enhance our corporate People values, culture and employer brand.
- Design and deliver a structured compensation program to drive business performance and enhance employee engagement, retention and compliance with pay equity legislation.
- Design, deliver and support organization design and change management.
- Manage and enhance our existing leadership development program in partnership with Rotman School of Business.
- Design and deliver a succession program to drive business performance and enhance employee engagement and retention.
- Ensure all company policy and procedures meet all legislative requirements.
- Ensure legislative compliance.
Requirements & Experiences
- 10+ years of human resources experience within large enterprise (global preferred)
- Compensation / total rewards program design, development and execution.
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in a related field; CHRL designation is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current HR practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, (Bilingual French and Spanish an asset not mandatory).
- A results oriented individual with the ability and interest in working in a fast paced, rapidly scaling environment.
- A Professional with a proven track record who knows how to execute on excellence while managing the day-to-day.
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team,email@example.com, 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.