As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2018 and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduateshttp://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the DevOps Specialist will be primarily responsible for ensuring the successful roll out of new and updated applications, automating server and application setup, and maintaining application availability for our clients' mission critical needs. Acting as a technical expert in both coding and application support, the DevOps Specialist will be integrated into the various teams' release cycle and facilitate the automated installation and diagnostic triggers of new and updated applications, providing early feedback of gaps in visibility of potential issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours of Operations:
- Work closely with R&D and IT teams to move issues and projects through the software release process
- Configure, deploy and automate setup of on-premise and Azure/AWS cloud servers and services
- Implement, configure and deploy Docker images and containers
- Implement and configure Kubernetes orchestration
- Configure and automate CI/CD environments, from build to deployment
- Research and provide insight to assist Architecture in selecting the technology stack
- Assist in the evaluation, development and/or implementation of utilities or tools with supporting documentation, provide training and procedures
- Advocate and promote DevOps culture of communication, collaboration, and cooperation across teams
- Provide guidance for systems engineering, information security, development and release engineering best practices to facilitate the overall product development and deployment process
- Help identify security gaps in application layer and provide input to IT for network hardening
- Help ensure the applications being deployed have quality and user experience in mind
- Monitor Git repositories and ensure developer best-practices
- Monitor all environments, including production, health of systems and applications, maintaining SLA
- Investigates and analyzes the root cause of application and infrastructure issues, engaging respective teams/IT as appropriate
- Available for emergencies and maintenance schedules due to the nature of a 24/7 operation
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Rotational on-call evenings and weekends)
All applicants must posses the following:
Ideal candidates also demonstrate the following:
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware related issues
- Experience using Agile / Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux and bash scripting
- Knowledge of Docker and container orchestrators (Docker Swarm/Kubernetes)
- Strong comfort in Jira / Confluence and other Atlassian application stack
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles
- Knowledge of Java programming
- Knowledge in developing web services (SOAP/REST/WCF)
- Knowledge of CI/CD technology stack (Jenkins/Cake/Octopus Deploy)
- Understanding of source control systems such as Git, TFS, etc.
- On call availability for rotating evenings and weekends (defined and scheduled time periods)
- Previous experience in either DevOps, System Administration, Product Development roles
- Working knowledge of the cloud platforms - Azure, AWS or Google
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL - MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, email@example.com, 905-944-0863.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.