Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Success stories, like this don't happen everyday. From humble beginnings as a courier industry solutions provider in Canada, Fleet Complete quickly grew to be one of the world's leaders in telematics and connected mobility solutions for a wide variety of industries with fleets, assets and mobile workers.
Today, with 20 years in the industry, Fleet Complete is one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies across the globe, operating in 15+ countries with offices in Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Greece, Mexico and Australia. Fleet Complete continues to win employer, innovation and business awards thanks to our relentless customer centric approach, and commitment to company values of Innovation, Quality, Customers, Productivity, People and Community.
Thanks to strong partnerships and sound investments, our trusted Fleet and Mobile workforce platform provides real-time insights, visibility, employee safety and overall operational efficiency. This helps organizations, municipalities and businesses of all sizes to modernize their operations with ease. Fleet Complete is known for hiring, growing and empowering talented people who develop innovative products, build powerful relationships and provide personalized support that is unparalleled in our industry. Join Fleet Complete on our next chapter and we can work together to "help fleets thrive".
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
As Chief Technology Officer, you will join the dynamic executive leadership team bringing innovation, direction and execution to Fleet Complete's IoT offering for connected vehicles, fleets and mobile workforces. Fleet Complete started as a SaaS offering, with web and mobile application products that now continue to flourish in our cloud computing landscape. The CTO will set strategic goal posts and map out a world-class product roadmap across multiple geographies and varying markets. The goal will be to create a rich product suite that provides a leading edge customer experience, with ease and usability on the part of our clients --- a mission critical solution that helps fleets thrive. Preferably the CTO will understand the telematics, M2M and connected vehicle markets to better leverage and engage with our multi channel partners in the telecom and vehicle OEM markets. In this role, you will align the strategy and vision of Fleet Complete's products with your passion and knowledge of development to optimize product releases and overall product functionality. You will also be responsible for improving the software development life cycle through the use agile methodology. The CTO will collaborate with leads in, Product, Development, Quality Assurance and Dev Ops to stay abreast of roadblocks and to propel their delivery of key initiatives.You will report to the CEO of the company and oversee the budget, growth and strategic capabilities of the company's technology division. Success in the role means we have achieved global market leadership with a common global Fleet Complete and CONNVEX platform.
Chief Technology Officer, CTO
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All applicants must possess the following:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to all team members globally, recognizing the need of balancing innovation while acknowledging areas were these is necessary technical debt
- Readily use pragmatic marketing principles to drive a product roadmap that is intuitive of the client's needs and is at all times reliable and scalable
- Gauge competition in the market, challenge the status-quo and drive process improvements through a continual drive to always make things simpler and easier and more reliable
- Consult external experts in various software markets and in multiple regions, apply external best practices and reinforce the agile methodology principles along the way
- Develop, measure and publish quantitative success metrics and KPIs
- Deliver updates and hold regular meetings with the internal clients groups of Sales, Marketing, DevOPs, Operations and Strategy
- Architect and build disruptive solutions with leading edge technical framework and robust coding and cloud computing tools
- Alignment with market and user requirements- including a deep understanding of customers and the Telematics landscape
- Overview product release planning through sprints and monitoring of release management
- Drive a high performing software delivery process that delivers value to customers on a frequent basis
- Work closely with international teams to offer similar products and services simultaneously in other markets
- Align the technology mandate of the business with the Executives of Finance, HR and Operations to ensure resources and assets are allocated appropriately
- Work with leads in the department to plan development cycles, keep teams on track and motivate team members.
- Review the accuracy of documentation to ensure projects are done on time, on budget and to scope
- Drive a culture of experimentation and iteration based on data and insights to ensure stability and scalability of all technology offerings
- Develop and execute our BI Insights strategy with internal Data SMEs
- Implement Machine Learning organizationally and deliver its capabilities to our clients
Ideal candidates will posses the following key competencies:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline is required
- 10 + years' progressive experience in Information Technology
- A minimum of 7 years' experience with bug tracking and team collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack and/ or Git
- Web and Mobile Development experience with technologies like, AngularJS, Xamarin (Android and/or iOS) and Reactive Event Streams
- Outstanding communication, analytical and presentation skills; the demonstrated ability to influence, engage and empower
- Solid business acumen and the ability to strategically align departmental goals to company objectives and targets
- Proven experience implementing enterprise systems
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data Tools and various databases - such as EXASOL, PostgreSQL, and/ or MongoDB
- Experience with API platforms, RESTful APIs, WebAPI and OData
- Knowledge of Telematics
- Work experience managing embedded products, IoT, AVL or M2M solutions
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications and wireless technologies
- Global experience and experience with platform consolidation
- A business degree such as an MBA is desired
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview or recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Team at 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status or any other legally-protected factors.