As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2018 and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduates. We were also recently recognized as one of Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018. See more:
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
The Content Developer will play a critical role as the bridge with Product Development and service experience to design of our Learning Management System (LMS) through the Pulse Engagement platform, and our training materials and programs. The successful candidate will be required to have a deep understanding of our product portfolio and various learning audiences to manage the operations and delivery of learning content (internal and external facing). The ideal candidate should be trained in instructional methodology and have experience working with Product Managers, LMS Vendor and Internal Operations teams. The role will be required to manage all projects related to new product releases and improvements, gather all the necessary information to design, develop and manage training courses, content and learning curriculums for our learners. You will be critical to the success of the customer experience, training strategy and management of the LMS within the organization through your work with all stakeholders.
As an Content Developer/LMS, you will be responsible for the oversight of the LMS as well as the support, implementation, delivery and maintenance of learning content, assets, and other resources. You will be instrumental in gathering requirements for programs and assisting in the coordination and implementation of the new content for customers and internal stakeholders. This role will oversee the daily functionality of the system and its integrated tools and software, including responding to and resolving support requests from internal and external users. Also, you will be responsible to maintain and foster LMS vendor relationship to enable effective content creation, communication and enhancements through the LMS to the organization. We're looking for a strong communicator, who is organized, resourceful, and collaborative with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All applicants must possess the following:
- Partner with Product Development team to gather new product releases and requirements
- Develop training plans and course curriculum according to strategic/project objectives
- Write audio scripts and create storyboards for multimedia/self-directed training assets
- Participate as a member of cross-functional project teams and deliver quality materials based on project scope, requirements and timelines
- Identify methods to improve productivity and growth via the use of the LMS
- Create content policies and standards for course and configuration management
- Ability to adapt to changes and consistently meet deadlines
- Develop, manage and maintain end-to-end process, content control, utilization and service uptime within LMS tool
- Identify organizational needs and requirements, and future strategic development opportunities to improve customer and employee learning experience
- Administer and manage day-to-day reporting, adoption and utilization related to LMS for consistent improvement opportunities
- Serve as the primary content management resource by partnering with Product Development, Sales and Operations
- Lead the design and development of learning and performance solutions from inception to completion through collaboration with the training team and business stakeholders, designing and developing customized and engaging blended learning solutions using a variety of modalities and technologies (eLearning, ILT, VILT, social learning, mobile learning, and simulation learning)
- Keep current on emerging training techniques, product knowledge and industry trends, ensuring alignment to adult learning principals and instructional design best practices. Also support in the development of this expertise within the team
Ideal candidates also demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Education, or Business (or comparable field experience) is preferred
- Must possess a passport, a valid driver's license and a vehicle, the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (on average travel time is 20%)
- Must be customer and people centric
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic audio) and other training materials
- Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate or similar), Pulse LMS (or similar)
- Working understanding of web and media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS)
- Experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
- Strong program manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, and develop, and manage technical IT (information technology) content projects.
- Experience on leading projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross company product or project.
- Experience using data collection, research, and analysis to evaluate project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance.
- Experience with technical customer service organizations.
- Fluency in French or Spanish (verbal and written)
- Strong Learning Advocate
- LMS implementation experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Courier Industry and Fleet Management, Telematics is an asset
- Good understanding of application development technologies using Client/Server, Web-enabled and distributed applications
- Technical problem-solver, able to work independently or with various teams to solve processes and systems problems
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.