Success stories, like this don't happen everyday. From humble beginnings as a courier industry solutions provider in Canada, Fleet Complete quickly grew to be one of the world's leaders in telematics and connected mobility solutions for a wide variety of industries with fleets, assets and mobile workers.
Today, with 20 years in the industry, Fleet Complete is one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies across the globe, operating in 17 countries with offices in Canada, Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Australia. Fleet Complete continues to win employer, innovation and business awards thanks to our relentless customer centric approach and commitment to company values of Innovation, Quality, Customers, Productivity, People and Community.
Thanks to strong partnerships and sound investments, our trusted Fleet and Mobile workforce platform provides real-time insights, visibility, employee safety and overall operational efficiency. This helps organizations, municipalities and businesses of all sizes to modernize their operations with ease. Fleet Complete is known for hiring, growing and empowering talented people who develop innovative products, build powerful relationships and provide personalized support that is unparalleled in our industry. Join Fleet Complete on our next chapter and we can work together to "help fleets thrive".
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
Reporting to the Global Manager of Data Insights, the BI Developer will focus on driving "data to knowledge" and enhancing the ability of the organization to access and effectively utilize data, by understanding stakeholder requirements/requests, assessing current data state, and delivering an easy to maintain end dashboard/report product.
The successful BI Developer needs to interpret business requirements and focus on designing customer data outputs leveraging Business Intelligence tools and data warehouse solutions. The successful candidate will develop a range of data output from ad-hoc queries, data exports, through to building standard reports, which provide flexible program reporting and analysis to guide insights and decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours of Operations:
- Liaise with business users and technical groups to build effective business requirements and data analysis processes
- Analyze data access requests to determine if and how the requests can be met
- Evaluation of existing BI tools to determine the solution to meet an internal stakeholders' data access request
- Educate internal stakeholders on data warehouse capabilities, BI tool capabilities and data availability
- Establishing data access standards
- Develop data access queries/programs using BI tools to run in production on a regular basis
- Design user acceptance criteria and processes for all reports
- Validate data in reports and tools prior to production release for all reports
- Guiding business SME's in development of complex ad-hoc queries and analysis
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Rotational on-call evenings and weekends)
Ideal candidates also demonstrate the following:
- 3 or 4 year University / College degree in a related field - Information Management, Computer Sciences, Computer Programming or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience working in a related role:
- Business / Data Analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualizations
- Data Storyteller
- Good understanding of workload management, schedulers, scalability and distributed platform architectures
- Experience in data warehousing, analytics, and business intelligence/visualization/presentation
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and thought processes combined with the ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem solving environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, email@example.com, 905-944-0863.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.