As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
Proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019 and one of Canada's Best Employers For Recent Graduates http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
We're looking for an expert Business Intelligence Data deploying and maintaining scalable data pipelines on our data platform. The ideal candidate will have a background managing large volumes of critical data where there are 10's of millions of transactions per day spread across multiple and increasing numbers of databases.
BI Data Developer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All applicants should ideally possess the following:
- Collaborate with data developer and full-stack developers on an agileteams working on features for our customers
- Develop and scale data pipelines (streaming and batch) to produce a high-performance big data platform on the cloud processing billions of telemetry records annually.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Participate in peer code reviews and QA
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions.
- Play a strong, hands-on role in transforming how our organization uses data.
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in data engineering.
Ideal candidates will posses the following key competencies:
- Degree in Computer Science or related study and/or experience
- 3+ years of experience building high performance, high throughput, and distributed data pipeline and big data platform with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce, Impala, and Presto
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages preferably Python and Scala
- High-degree of comfort with both Linux and SQL.
- Familiarity with Postgres, Vertica and NoSQL systems a plus
- A strong understanding of test-driven (and behavioural test driven) development, and of building substantially complete test code around the code that you write, and not just for the happy path.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence reporting tools is preferred
- Experience using github, reviewing code, reviewing PRs, and merging branches.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills - demonstrate a positive attitude, able to work effectively as part of an agile team and foster team collaboration
- Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview or recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Team at 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status or any other legally-protected factors.