Mobile Automation Developer
As one of the fastest growing IoT (Internet of Things) companies in North America, Fleet Complete has won numerous awards since its inception in 2000 thanks to its relentless commitment to Innovation, Quality, Customer Focus, Productivity, People and Community.
We are proud to be named one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019 and one of Canada's Best Employers for Recent Graduateshttp://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-fleet-complete
MAIN BUSINESS OBJECTIVES:
The Product Development group requires an Automation Developer with the ability to implement test automation to increase the quality of our products by working side by side with the teams in charge of the design and development of our core products ranging from Client/Server, Web and Mobile (Android, iOS and Windows Mobile) solutions.
You will work under the supervision of the Team Lead and/or Dev Manager and will be accountable for improving quality via test executions and the development and maintenance of test automation for key products of Fleet Complete.
Mobile Automation Developer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All applicants must possess the following:
- As a member of an agile team, work with other team members (Product Owners, BAs, Architects, Developers, DevOps) to execute on the team's priorities and ensure quality standards throughout
- Participate in all phases of the agile development cycle, including grooming, planning, daily standups, demos and retrospectives
- Develop, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases using new and existing tools (i.e. Visual Studio, Xamarin, Selenium, etc.) at various levels including database validation, business rules validation, UI validation and integration, service validation and mobile device testing
- Adhere and contribute to the enforcement and improvement of Development and QA standards, ensuring transparency of your own work and advocating and enforcing adoption by your peers via discussion and peer review processes
- Continually expand manual and automated tests by clearly documenting test cases and increasing automated code coverage by creating tools and automation scripts that assist in functional testing and creation of test data
- Design and develop test automation to provide quality assurance using a variety of unit, integration, coded UI and UI automated tests to validate Product requirements and measure product performance and scalability
- Remain up-to-date in emerging trends and techniques in software development, quality assurance, and test automation, advocating for their adoption where and when appropriate
- Participate in a peer review process, ensuring adherence to standards and proper implementation
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile product lifecycle
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines with demonstrated flexibility
- Clearly articulate ideas both verbally and written, with a positive attitude
- Provide recommendations, listen to others, encourage, support and accept input from all agile team members
- Appreciate and acknowledge individual and team contributions
Ideal candidates also demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years QA experience with deep understanding of overall QA processes and testing approaches including but not limited to requirements review, test planning, test case creation and execution, defect management, issue troubleshooting, tracking, reporting and verification
- 2+ years of professional development experience with an emphasis on quality and automation in an Agile environment
- A University degree or College diploma in Computer Science / Computer Programming or equivalent
- Proven experience developing with a Test Automation Framework using a variety of unit, integration, coded UI and UI automated tests
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute manual and automated tests for Web and/or Mobile (Android, iOS) applications using a variety of tools / methods
- Working knowledge of C#
- Good understanding of Client/Server and multi-tier application architecture and development
- Knowledge of Git, for Source Control, Work Item Tracking, Builds and Tests
- Confident in your ability to write queries, develop tests and verification scripts for Relational Databases (Microsoft SQL Server) using SQL
- Experience communicating with RESTful Services using WCF REST / WebAPI & Entity Framework and database verification/testing
- Results oriented and problem solving mentality
Typical Hours of Operations:
- Experience as project QA Prime responsible for reviewing requirements, creating test plans, executing both manual and automated test scripts and providing status reports
- Extensive experience in functional, system, integration, regression, backend testing for web, software applications & mobile applications, and mobile hardware devices
- Knowledge of software development tools such as Gitlab, Jira, Confluence and test case management tools
Mon- Fri (9 am to 5 pm) occasional overtime
Fleet Complete will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact the Recruitment Team, email@example.com, 866-649-7949.
Fleet Complete is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status or any other legally-protected factors.