Flair Airlines is Canada’s only independent low fare airline. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, our mission is to change the lives of Canadians by making air travel truly affordable and getting them out of their couches and cars and into the air! As important as our low fares are, we also recognize that our real product is our people – it’s the way we treat our customers on each and every flight that sets us apart from “those other airlines” and keeps them coming back.
We are seeking strong team members who will in turn help drive the airline’s expansion. Flair currently has a fleet of three Boeing 737-800NG’s, and four Boeing 737-400’s, with plans to add additional 737-800NG’s to the fleet this year. Last spring, Flair became the first airline in North America to become officially autism-aware certified through Autism Double-Checked, as our flight crews completed certification training to recognize and cater to the needs of families with children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
We are currently looking for Flight Attendants for our base in Toronto. We want to hire the best and are always looking for top talent to join our team! If you are looking for an exciting, progressive career, please apply directly to this posting.
- Perform in‐flight service duties: greet passengers, provide in‐flight announcements, safety demonstrations, serve beverages and meals and be accountable for in-flight sales transactions;
- Provide customer service and assistance to passengers with various items including answering general questions and stowing carry‐on items, which may include pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting and carrying items;
- Operate mechanical and emergency safety equipment;
- Light grooming of aircraft as required;
- Provide assistance and timely communication to passengers during emergency and unusual incidents (i.e. delayed flight, severe weather condition, turbulent flight, etc.);
- Adhere to all company policies and Transport Canada regulations to ensure a safe cabin environment is maintained; and
- Provide consistent levels of superior customer service and satisfaction by anticipating customer needs and exceeding expectations in the provision of service.
Flight Attendant Requirements:
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions;
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever Flair Airlines operates) is required;
- Must successfully complete Initial Training to become a qualified Flight Attendant, full participation in training is required (no absences). Must successfully complete yearly recurrent training to maintain status as a qualified Flight Attendant;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card);
- Successful completion of a pre-employment aviation medical (including alcohol and drug screening) and a criminal record check;
- Must be available and willing to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year, as scheduled. This includes holidays and weekends;
- Ability to be away from home for extended periods of time with a schedule that varies, often on short notice;
- Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Flight Attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within 90 minutes of the request being made;
- Successful completion of the CT301 course through the Inflight Institute is required prior to receiving company initial training, if selected. The cost of the course is reimbursed by Flair if the candidate successfully completes six (6) months of continuous employment;
- Patient and able to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team; sometimes under difficult and stressful circumstances;
- Safety conscious and positive attitude;
- Previous customer service or serving experience is an asset; and
- French fluency is considered an asset.
Required Competencies for all Flair Airlines Team Members!
All Flair Airlines team members aim to demonstrate the motivation to work hard, be successful, achieve difficult goals and complete challenging tasks.
We are looking for people who promote teamwork, cooperation and collaboration within their work group and with other areas within the Company.
INTEGRITY AND TRUST
We need team members who build relationships based on integrity and trust. It’s not just what you say, it’s what you do!
Flair team members will effectively cope with change and be able to make decisions sometimes without all the information. You need to be comfortable with a changing set of circumstances and be able to adjust accordingly.
How to Apply:
Please apply online directly to the posting. Applications should clearly demonstrate how your skills meet, or surpass, the requirements of the Flight Attendant position. Further information about the Company can be found at www.flyflair.com
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate phone inquiries.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program and a staff travel program.
We look forward to meeting you at Flair Airlines!