Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Splunk Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth understanding of SIEM and knowledge of change/incident management, application support, and various security practice areas. S/he must have strong experience with Linux platform and understanding of enterprise Splunk security and analytics.
As the Splunk Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Problem, incident, and change management.
- Provide production and infrastructure support, root cause analysis, troubleshooting, health monitoring, etc.
- Product onboarding, tooling, design and implementation of monitoring solutions.
- Design and implement a support model to define roles & responsibilities, manage configuration and code-base.
- Manage reporting requests.
- Create QA/UAT environments and provide training to other teams.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in IT security.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience as a Splunk administrator.
- Knowledge of two of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, SQL, Shell.
- Knowledge of Splunk architecture and its components and experience working with Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Knowledge of ETL processes.
- SIEM technologies, like ArcSight, QRadar, Splunk.
- Experience creating complex queries and search optimization.
- Knowledge of parsing methods and Regex.
- Security certifications: SANS, CISSP, etc.
- Knowledge of Universal and Heavy forwarder.
- Background of creating and managing app and its components.
- Strong technical documentation and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time opportunity in Montreal, QC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.