Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Full Stack Java Developer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging team. The ideal candidate must have experience with full-stack Java development, scripting, knowledge of databases and APIs.
As the Full Stack Java Developer, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Build a front-end application and back-end Java APIs for the application.
- Make sure APIs are operating properly on mobile and desktop.
- Collaborate with other teams and team member to ensure the timely delivery of the solutions.
- Provide mentorship to junior team members.
Skills & Experiences:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Exceptional knowledge of Java.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and SCSS.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to implement APIs for front-end application.
- Knowledge of multithreading, reactive programming, and similar techniques.
- Good analytical skills to ensure the proper app logic.
- Understanding of AWS services like SNS, EC2, SQS, AWS Lambda, RDS, etc.
- Knowledge of the web services in the system (ex: proxies, APIs, database, platform, caching layer, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
- Strong presentation and written skills.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.