Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Firewall Network Engineer with hands-on firewall configuration and implementation experience to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must be capable of managing global security infrastructure within the firm.
As the Firewall Network Engineer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide operational support for network security products & services with a focus on firewalls.
- Review and improve applications, network, and systems, as well as create new and edit existing operational runbooks.
- Communicate with other teams and provide training and assistance to other teammates.
- Evaluate the regional needs and review the best ways to accommodate them within the firm.
- Deploy and administer the network security systems, as well as administer security policy on products under team's support.
- Provide customer service.
- Identify and respond to problems related to technology.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in firewall and/or network management.
- Prefer candidate working in the financial services sector, but not required.
- Experience in working in an enterprise environment.
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Hands-on experience working with firewalls, network security systems as well as running routing protocols and next gen features on firewall platforms. (Fortinet is a must.)
- Strong scripting skills.
- Background of working on Linux platform.
- Experience with general networking and design.
- Good knowledge of SMTP, TLS, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of developing new and maintaining existing operational documentation and offering training on new procedures.
- Project management skills.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal, QC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.