Fivesky is looking for a highly motivated and talented Desktop Engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and challenging environment. The ideal candidate must possess exceptional knowledge of Windows operating systems/infrastructure and strong technical, troubleshooting, and collaborative skills.
As the Desktop Engineer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to the existing and own new engineering tasks in a team responsible for the design, configuration, and integration of Windows desktops.
- Develop and maintain new and existing desktop-related technologies across the firm.
- Develop, maintain, review, and update new and existing documentation.
- Offer 3rd line support and examine and troubleshoot issues.
- Review products to make sure that performance, security, and supportability requirements are met.
- Ensure the highest level of user experience.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the use of the best practices.
Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience.
You must possess strong conceptual knowledge and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the following:
- Extensive experience with Windows operating systems (especially Windows 10), relevant technologies and products, and end-user productivity apps.
- Good knowledge of Windows infrastructure (ex: Group Policy, etc.). Active Directory is a must.
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills for automation.
- Ability to design technical solutions necessary for the business requirements.
- Background with third-party tools used to support large environments (ex: SCCM, AppSense, etc.).
- Knowledge of modern browser performance from both networking and desktop perspective.
- Background performing migrations/deployment of Office 2010/2013 on a large scale.
- Knowledge of hardware, both desktops and laptops.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills; this includes the ability to analyze memory dumps and parse event logs and knowledge of Sysinternals tools.
- Capability to create technical and operational management documentation (ex: engineering documents, system design, operational runbooks, etc.).
- Experience with desktop deployment tools and techniques in a large environment.
- Background supporting and configuring Microsoft Outlook in Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Experience with software packaging tools (ex: Wise, InstallShield, App-V sequencer, etc.).
- Development knowledge.
- Experience in a global/enterprise environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills like being a team player and effective collaborator with many different types of audiences.
- Independent problem-solving and self-directing abilities.
- Self-driven and flexible with high motivation.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to practice tolerance and professionalism in times of high stress.
- Strong presentation and written skills.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal, QC. Salary is open based on experience and qualifications.