Operations Manager/ Operations Director
The successful candidate is responsible for organizing and overseeing the Operations Department. S/he ensures the daily operations is well executed and coordinated by managing the internal procedures and staff activities. This individual works closely with the management team to implement processes for customer service, quality control and effective asset management. The area of responsibility for this role is broad and requires a wide knowledge of company processes as well as service/product offerings.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a steadfast drive for getting things done through processes and people. You know when to push forward and when to hold steady and realign your course. You are constantly seeking new ways to learn and grow and encourage the same in others. As someone who takes calculated risks, you aren't afraid to go outside your comfort zone to bring about positive results for staff, customers and the organization.
Your leadership inspires and empowers people to come together to achieve a common goal. While systematic in your approach, you also know how to weave innovation and creativity into daily diligence. You are the type of leader who motivates, engages and supports staff to achieve positive results and satisfaction for our clients.
- Works closely with Senior Management Team to ensure that there is adequate resources, equipment, infrastructure and talent to support existing business and growth needs.
- Translates the company vision into operational reality through standardized processes/procedures, effective execution of service/activities and people management.
- Directs operations to ensure full utilization of labour and minimize downtime.
- Develops and oversees regular inspections and assessment processes for operations effectiveness and customer service levels.
- Ensures timely and successful delivery of services according to customer needs and contracted agreements.
- Provides regular (and adhoc) reports to President/ CEO.
- Tracks and monitors key operational metrics (e.g. customer service levels and contract retention rates).
- Works with Human Resources to maintain a high degree of employee commitment, competence, teamwork and performance for the Operations Department.
- Fosters positive employee engagement, collaboration and teamwork.
- 10+ years of operations experience with progressive roles dealing with all aspects of management within a customer service-oriented environment
- Experience in organizing data to make sound decisions, implementing systems, and supervision of staff. Strong background working within an entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Ability to understand financial information; and familiarity with corporate (and property/contract related) budgets.
- A customer-centric approach and mindset
- Ability to motivate people to superior performance, while working through complex issues with multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and build relationships, as well as relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate operating systems for a growing organization.
- Exceptional level of personal integrity and honesty
- Knowledge of the building maintenance/services industry considered an asset
We'd love to hear from you if you have a lot to offer this role. For the right individual, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits coverage plus eligibility in a variable incentive plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Friday, January 31, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- supervising staff located in multiple locations: 3 years (Preferred)
- strata managment: 3 years (Preferred)
- building maintenance and services: 3 years (Preferred)
- operations management: 10 years (Preferred)