Are you looking for a role that will utilize your diverse skills in organization, communication, and negotiation?
Do you love it when a good plan comes together?
We are in the wellness space and have geared our offerings to improve the lives of our customers and help them be the best version of themselves. We believe strongly in that mission and want you to join us!
As our new Inventory and Procurement Planner, you’ll be involved in the sales and forecasting operations of our business. While keeping an eye on inventory, as well as trends in orders and sales projections, you’ll negotiate supply contracts and keep in touch with manufacturers to ensure a smooth procurement process.
Our industry involves perishable goods: you have a strong understanding and background in dealing with the kinds of problems and issues that exist in that field.
Practically speaking you will:
* Work with multiple departments to ensure supply is proactively planned and managed
* Stay up to date with daily fluctuations in sales, inventory and supply, including the quality, quantity, and safety of inventory
* Forecast trends and integrate changes into a coherent sales plan
* Review production timelines and anticipate shortages
* Support the launch of new products
* Coordinate/expedite with manufacturers
* Keep pace with perishability of inventory
* Maintain procurement database
* Contribute to budgetary analysis and management
* Ensure vendor compliance and resolve discrepancies
* Analytic – you apply sound judgement and exceptional problem-solving ability when negotiating contracts and managing the supply chain. You know what you know and what you don’t, and develop procurement strategies accordingly
* Responsible – you take ownership of your role and take pride in your work; you have a deep desire to see things done properly
* Adaptive – you’re not put off by constant changes and adjustments; you anticipate setbacks and have proven strategies for adapting on the fly
* Consistent – when it comes to deadlines you’re never worried, because you have proven organizational systems and an unrelenting motivation to reach goals. You handle multiple and competing projects with ease
Our Company and Culture
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, and occasional travel to the Canada and the US. In addition to a competitive starting salary and 4 weeks’ vacation, you’ll have some great perks too; there’s always something to snack on in the fridge, and yoga sessions every week.
We are a growing, thriving business that is always looking for new opportunities. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a diverse and collaborative group that’s invested in making a positive impact on the world and our industry.
What you bring to the role:
* 2+ years’ in a supply chain role
* Bachelor/associate degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or a related field
* Experience in contract development and negotiation
* Experience in supplements, pharmaceuticals, food, organics, sports, health and beauty or a related industry
* Experience with data entry
* Proficiency with MS Office, Asana, Google Drive, and ecommerce applications
* Ability to pass a criminal record check
* Ability to travel to the United States
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.