Buyer - North York, ON
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position is suited to a “hands-on” buyer with experience in the manufacturing sector. The purpose of this position is to maintain supplier relations and inventory in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. This candidate will have a significant positive impact to the overall goals and profitability of the organization. We are looking for someone who can work closely with all departments and take the lead to identify and manage the changes required for effective and sustainable manufacturing and cost reduction initiatives.
Only those qualified need apply.
* Minimum of 3 years directly related experience in manufacturing
* College Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, business or Engineering Degree
* Possessing or working towards PMAC or SCMP
* Negotiating acumen; able to effectively communicate to achieve winning outcomes
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kanban and JIT purchasing
* Excellent time management & organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Highly customer service focused with both internal and external customers
* Committed to continuous education and learning
* Experience with Purchasing & Manufacturing software such as MiSys & Accpac
* Proficient in MS Office suite; specifically, Excel including Pivot tables & Macros
* A strong process-improvement mindset; always looking for ways to make processes and systems more efficient and effective
* Technical / Electronics skills an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for planning, developing & buying materials, parts, supplies & equipment in a timely & cost-effective way; conforming to the appropriate quality standards & specifications
* Create, issue and follow through on all purchase orders. Vetting purchase requisitions, monitoring inventory levels and planning purchasing activities accordingly to support team objectives
* Maintain timely and accurate product, supplier and costing records in corporate ERP system.
* Reduce and prevent dead and ailing inventory.
* Sourcing & negotiating costs for products from new and existing suppliers.
* Build and develop relationships with key suppliers
* Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action
* Participate actively in departmental initiatives to improve processes and service levels
* Take initiative in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products. Lead key projects and initiatives within the team and cross-functionally to help foster a continuous improvement environment
* Attend internal product development meetings to identify new product demands, schedules, and procurement needs. Forecast requirements and order products to meet sales demands
* Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through RFQ process
* Conduct meetings, prepare and present reports, and provide information to identify purchasing requirements, establish business plans and performance objectives, and report performance against plan and business objectives
* Liaise with customs broker. and handle importing & exporting documentation
* Other administrative duties as required
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate and not just a resume.
The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.