* Cleveland, OH
* Competitive salary plus vacation, medical and dental benefits, long term disability, employer matched retirement savings plan, and potential for annual bonus
* Opportunity to take a leadership role across multiple buildings
* Opportunity to join a well-established company, and be part of a team who will make you feel valued every day
Running an apartment building is no easy feat. As an experienced Apartment Manager, you know that better than anyone.
You also know what separates the good managers from the great ones: the care and dedication they have for the communities and people they oversee.
If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
We’re a well-established property management company, who pride ourselves in our hands-on approach and community involvement. We are currently in search of an experienced Apartment Manager to join our incredible team.
As our new Apartment Manager, your main goal will be to actively oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of your apartment building.
In addition to managing your own apartment building, you will also have oversight responsibility for several other properties (each with their own manager and staff). A large part of your role will be to standardize operations and reporting across these buildings, and ensure their staff have the support they need to keep operations running smoothly, assets performing well, and tenants happy.
If you were working for us, here are some things you would have done last week:
* Managed your team of direct reports, including oversight of staff responsible for leasing activities
* Responded to tenant concerns and resolved complaints in a timely and empathetic manner
* Inspected vacant units and coordinated any repairs or maintenance activities
* Developed and implemented a new package delivery solution
* Planned building renovations and regular maintenance, and coordinated with contractors
* Collected, analyzed, and summarized data to prepare reports
* Investigated solutions to standardize leases across buildings in coordination with other building managers
* Visited other buildings to monitor performance of the asset
* Worked with other building managers to develop short-term and long-term goals and help them maintain their properties in excellent condition
The best person in this role will do more than maintain high building occupancy, or make sure that their properties are well-maintained – they will become a respected leader to the teams they oversee and the communities they serve, and consistently display a high level of care and dedication to each and every individual they interact with. They will show up every day with a great attitude and a real desire to drive positive change.
Working With Us
This is a full-time permanent position working in Cleveland, Ohio. You’ll receive a competitive annual salary along with option to participate in our medical and dental benefits program and our retirement savings matching plan.
If you asked our employees why they like working here, you’d hear about our engaged leadership team, our fantastic company culture, and the deep level of care that our team members show each other, and our stakeholders, every day.
* Experience managing multiple apartment buildings at one time
* Experience with building asset management
* Proven track record of effective tenant relations and customer service
* Experience managing a team of direct reports
* Experience with planning and coordinating building renovations and maintenance
* Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and managing expenditures
* Ability to produce a clear criminal record check
* Bachelor’s degree or real estate training is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.