FitLore Fitness Facility Attendants represent the professional environment of our facilities, and are essential to maintaining our service-oriented principles in supporting our clients and members. Daily tasks include greeting facility users and their guests, answering phone calls as appropriate, and handling a wide range of custom service inquiries (such as new program membership, class and services registration.
CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALSO PERSONAL TRAINERS MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR PERSONAL TRAINING SERVICES AT A HIGHER HOURLY RATE.
- Use of the facility management software system for member services, class attendance tracking, training and other service inquiries, and more.
- Safety is paramount! The Front Desk Associate monitors the facility to help prevent accidents from occurring—and responds promptly as needed to address potential or actual incidents.
- Remain thoroughly familiar with all FitLore and facility policies and procedures.
- Enforce all facility rules and policies in a consistent and professional manner.
- Maintain constant communication with the facility manager and client services team.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- It's all about Services! Successful Front Desk Associates will learn members' routines and habits and take the extra step to provide service when appropriate.
- Be available to substitute for other staff members—and always assist when needed within the facility.
- Be detailed oriented when fulfilling important duties, such as safety checklists, equipment maintenance, facility upkeep and any incident reports covering events that occur in the facility.
- Maintain a lean and orderly operations area of the facility.
- Attend all staff meetings and company training events as scheduled.
- Be proactive: address issues, take action, communicate issues and think ahead.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills a must.
- Must be team oriented.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to interact in a friendly, personal and professional manner with clients regarding concerns, problems, or any other significant issues.
FitLore is the fastest growing, premier fitness, wellness and lifestyle services organization in New York City, providing private corporate and at-residence Fitness, Wellness and Lifestyle solutions. FitLore works closely with real estate developers and sales agents to plan, design, market and implement exclusive, private fitness and wellness facilities in the properties in which FitLore delivers services.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Have you worked in a fitness facility or gym? Are you also a personal trainer (and if so, what is your currently hourly training rate)?