FITCH is the world's leading brand and retail consultancy. Designing the Future.Online, offline and in person. We don't predict the future, we influence it and we design it. Whenever and wherever your customer meets your brand.
Our work is focussed upon bringing innovative ideas to fruition with a user-centric approach to the world's leading brands and retailers.
The role would be based in our New York studio but would cover projects across all studios within the North America region and you may sometimes be required to travel. As a User Experience Designer you will be expected to play an active role in the creative process to develop the blueprints for compelling customer/user experience working with a wider multidisciplinary creative team. You will be confident working in both consultative and productive capacities directly with client stakeholders to overcome challenges from a user-centric perspective.
- Design & develop compelling experiences for customers throughout their omni-channel journeys
- Workshop facilitation and participation with both internal and client teams
- Prototyping concepts in the physical/digital space.
- Documenting the user experience through journey & service mapping, personas, wireframes & information architecture.
- Presenting & briefing concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and creative skills, from ideation to communication and presentation.
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Highly motivated by technology & creativity and excited by newness & innovation.
- Strong written and spoken English skills (other languages are a bonus too).
- Strong interpersonal skills; the natural ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, and to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
- Ability to engage and work with a multidisciplinary team of internal or external specialists
- Expert knowledge of visualisation, wireframing & prototyping package(s) (e.g. Axure, Invision etc.)
- High Proficiency of visualisation design software (Adobe CS, Sketch, etc..)
- A good working knowledge of the traditional web-stack HTML/CSS/JS
- A good grasp of semiotics, semantics and linguistics
- Well developed & proven skills of UX/CX & service design practice. This should include user research, requirements gathering, workshopping and UX design techniques
This role is open to mid-level experience designers with at least 3 years work experience, that can demonstrate their technical & creative abilities.