At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007--as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and--above all--have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
What You'll Work On:
Candidate must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position (please include password)
Fitbit's is looking for visual designers who have a passion for doing good in the world, designing for small screens, and making beautifully crafted interactive experiences around health and fitness. At Fitbit, we believe we can make a positive impact on our user's daily lives.
As a Visual Designer, you will be part of a team dedicated to shipping ever more complex and engaging experiences on our wearable devices.
This position requires hands-on experience working on complex product design programs from inception to launch. Qualified candidates will have a strong foundation in design process and design strategy.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Design compelling wearable device experiences in partnership with our device design team.
- Implement and extend our devices visual design system
- Create and prototype dynamic designs that flow seamlessly
- Create and define production assets and maintain sharp eye for quality
- Ensure the assets are implemented in a way that looks great and functions properly, and troubleshoot with program manager(s) and UI engineers as needed.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product, Device UI engineering, and Design systems
- Experience defining, developing and executing visual design systems for consumer products at scale
- A great eye and passion for visual design
- Expert in typography, color, composition, texture, and visual design
- Deeply knowledgeable of and proactive driving the latest trends in visual and interactive design.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal, written, and experience engaging with stakeholders, executive leadership, customers, business analysts, and media representatives.
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspires the teams you lead
- 3+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms
- Passion for Fitbit's mission
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.