At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007--as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app, and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and--above all--have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
The Fitbit Marketing team is seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our smartwatch team. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical marketing background and have experience leading and collaborating with diverse, cross-functional teams across product, sales, and creative to develop and launch the next generation of Fitbit devices. You will serve an important role for the future of Fitbit which includes:
- Inform new product requirements with data that represents key market analysis, consumer insights, and business rationale that supports our company strategy
- Develop in-depth knowledge of consumer needs, key category trends, and competitive landscape to influence product roadmap recommendations & decisions
- Influence key marketing & product decisions (e.g. naming, packaging, creative strategy, form factor, feature prioritization, etc.)
- Define global go-to-market strategy and execute product launches from beginning to end. Work with marketing, product, sales, finance & international teams to develop marketing campaigns that drive demand for Fitbit products. Establish processes that facilitate cross-functional collaboration & communication
- Partner with the research team on quantitative and qualitative research to deliver actionable insights that drive sustained growth to core products, help us understand our target consumers, and inform product positioning & messaging
- Work with the creative team and external agencies to develop marketing assets to support product launches including writing briefs, packaging, naming, and web assets
- Be an expert on competitive products, trends, and technologies and share insights across the company
- Optimize product performance & experiences by having a comprehensive understanding of products in market, keeping a pulse on key KPIs, and provide recommdations (e.g., channel, product, marketing)
- Develop robust business cases for new devices & software experiences and pitch to senior executives. This includes product definition, volume build, high-level revenue targets, margin recommendations, go to market plans, and crafting the consumer story
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, product management, brand marketing
- Demonstrated track record across a wide spectrum of marketing activities (advertising, public relations, digital marketing, etc.)
- Has led global campaigns, communications and go-to-market initiatives
- Highly analytical and experienced in synthesizing & applying user insights, research, and consumer data
- Experience working with internal & external creatives
- Very strong communication skills - both spoken and written
- A proactive, self starter that has a bias towards action and delivering results
- Outstanding follow-through, time management, and project management skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in consumer technology, health & fitness, and both hardware & software a plus
- Passionate about health & fitness
- Believes in Fitbit's mission
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.