At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007--as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and--above all--have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
eLearning/Multimedia Developer Fitbit
Come join a world class training team building innovative solutions for global delivery. Our Customer Support organization is dedicated to helping and empowering people to live healthier more active lives. The training team serves an essential role in making that mission a success.The eLearning Developer is responsible for producing engaging, multimedia eLearning materials using course designs created by Instructional Designers.
The eLearning Developer will report to the Manager of Customer Support Training & Development with direct project supervision provided by the CS Instructional Designer.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop engaging, interactive eLearning materials and prepare for import to an LMS
- Collaborate with Instructional designers to improve elearning designs and incorporate
- best practices
- Utilize course design document, outlines and supporting content provided by the
- Instructional designer to create effective eLearning modules
- Research each project completely to ensure a clear understanding of directions for course
- Create/edit instructional videos including voiceovers
- Create basic instructional animations
- Work effectively within a deadline-driven environment
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop short (5-10 minute) engaging, quality eLearning materials within a 1-2 week development turnaround schedule
- Maintain and improve team elearning and PowerPoint templates
- LMS administration as needed
- Contribution to other innovative design projects as needed
- 5+ years experience creating interactive applications
- Strong understanding of visual information design concepts
- Demonstrate expert level experience using Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Moderate to advanced level facility with Adobe Creative Suite
- Moderate to advanced level facility with video editing software (Adobe Premiere or Final
- Cut Pro)
- Intermediate to advanced level constructing animations within eLearning tool or separate software such as GoAnimate (or comparable instructional animation software)
- Experience creating courses with LMS
- Belief in the value of participating in, and contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to accurately gather, organize and analyze data
- Comfortable in environments with shifting priorities
- Willingness to learn and develop professionally
- Deadline/goal oriented
- Ability to focus within a busy work environment
- Positive, open attitude
- Belief in value of quality customer service as an integral component of a successful organization
- Belief in the value of personal fitness and health
- Creation of eLearning for non-native English speakers
- Moderate HTML and CSS experience
- Experience developing eLearning for contact center agents
- Contact Center (Phone, email, chat support) tier 1 and/or tier 2 agent experience
- Experience using Litmos LMS
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.