- Study product formula and the research backing each ingredient to determine what the main selling features are and the benefits of each.
- Generate the desired claims we wish to make for each product to appeal to our target market. These would need to be approved in advance of being used, which you would help facilitate through the approval stages.
- Write label copy, front panel callouts, product use, brand names ideation, flavor names ideation and product descriptions.
- Assist the design team with creating science charts/graphs (where necessary) to better educate consumer on product formula.
- Write company news on new product launches, athlete signings, tradeshow events, demos, community initiatives, industry awards, and company newsletter pieces.
- Work with bloggers and supplement industry media sources to get your press releases posted.
- Write, edit and oversee development of bios, and features our athletes to be housed on our website.
- Write and/or edit all training, nutrition/recipe and supplement features for our website. Assist with working with freelancers to contribute writing content.
- Generate headlines and body copy for ads, product plugs/descriptions, press releases, social media captions (where necessary).
- Write all copy that goes on our videos.
- Contribute ideas for what we should film in our video campaigns.
- Must be capable of maintaining the "Mutant Brand Voice" over every touch point the consumer has with our brand.
- Work with other marketing staff and departments to discuss and understand company needs and requirements.
- Write copy for brochures, Amazon and other external online stores, websites, emails, blog, advertisements, catalogues, in-store and near store displays, iammutant.com e-commerce store, and more.
- Discuss theme, style, and length of copy with Management to determine the most suitable approach.
- Create well-written informative and error-free copy to support a wide variety of items for sales and events. The work is primarily in digital space.
- Assist the Art Manager with ideas for advertising and promotion; the Incumbent may help to generate names for products, flavours and the slogans that appear on the packaging and other promotional material.
- Contribute to the overall strategy development and implementation on new product launches.
- Trade Support - write copy for sell sheets, product information decks, in-store signage, product text for emails to retailers.
- Stay current with needs of sales department to support their retailers and distributors and what our competitors may be doing with their B2B communications.
- Traffic Control - Coordinate and track all copy through approval process from all appropriate channels and company members, including Brand Management/Marketing, Sales, Senior Executives.
- Be informed and stay up-to-date with bodybuilding industry, competitors advertising strategies, new products, athletes and influencers signed and trends.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products your team is responsible for, and stay up-to-date with any changes or advancements related to the products.
- Be proactive in establishing all project requirements and recognizing potential hurdles at the onset of project delegation, to ensure effective completion in a timely manner.
- Analyze and have a strong understanding of the various bodybuilding media (magazines), social media pages, website in which the advertisements appear.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Preferred - Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, or Communications; should have demonstrated at least 5 years' previous Industry experience.
- Those candidates with at least 2-5 years professional writing experience in print, e-commerce, and/or online will be preferred
Why work for Fit Foods?
- Grow your career, we offer competitive pay with exceptional benefits
- Education support to further develop your professional skills
- Solid allowances for use of our own products & gym membership incentives
- Fun social events and social responsibility programs
- Exceptional Benefits Package paid 100% by the company after probation period
Interested candidates in this exciting opportunity include links to samples of work and a resume or online portfolio by email before June 28, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)