GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
- Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master's degree desirable.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior business systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated business systems analysis experience with at least one project as the business systems analyst lead on a "large" project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.