Position Type Full time - Regular
Type of Hire Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent
Education Desired Bachelor of Accounting - Accounting
Travel Percentage 0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
This position reports to the Tax Director and collaborates with a team of onsite team members within the Tax team.
What you will be doing
You will help to prepare state and local indirect tax returns, maintains tax records and is be responsible for all aspects of sales and property tax liabilities for multiple legal entities.
- Prepares, reviews and files various reports for state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates, and revisions and informs management of issues affecting FIS.
- Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet business plans while managing tax liability.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies.
- Anticipates potential tax filing conflicts and resolves before returns are filed
- Reconciles any year-end balances and recover any tax overpayments.
- Requests refunds for dual taxation, incorrect assessment, and exempt property.
- Assists with tax audits.
- Monitors internal reporting software database for integrity and maintenance.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field from an accredited four-year. Due to continual changes in tax regulations, continuing education is required.
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of federal, state and local income, use and sales tax concepts, practices and procedures for multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Analytical and statistical examination skills
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
What we offer you
A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Time to support charities and give back in your community
A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.