Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential East has an excellent opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant located in our Charlotte, NC regional office
Primary Responsibilities: Prepare monthly and annual financial statements for an assigned portfolio of residential communities. Work closely with the property manager and resident board to achieve the community's financial goals.
- Review/test accounts receivable activities (i.e. potential assessments)
- Review accounts payable activities (i.e. review coding)
- Review cash activities (i.e. review outstanding checks, reconciling items)
- Prepare accrual entries and maintain backup schedules (i.e. accrued interest, prepaid expenses, deferred assessments)
- Analyze and reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist management with annual budget.
- At year end, close out financial statements, code the new budget, enter budget spreads into the system and prepare monthly/quarterly reserve contribution payment requests for the accounts payable folder
- Work with independent CPAs on audit issues
- Process audits and tax returns prepared by independent CPAs for assigned portfolio (i.e. review draft audits, consider audit entries, distribute tax returns to managers to obtain signatures, mail tax returns by deadlines)
- Monitor investments, cash balances and cash adequacy
- Analyze and confer with managers regarding notable financial matters and variances.
- Attend meetings with clients to discuss accounting issues as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associates degree with concentration in accounting required
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) + years of experience as Staff Accountant in property management or real estate fields, residential management optimal
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to perform with minimum supervision and make decisions independently.
- Strong analytic skills
- Detailed oriented with multiple tasks and information organization
- High proficiency in Microsoft Windows software.