Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
This Business Development position is responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and tracking of new client development (takeover sales) operations and processes for FirstService Residential Northern California ( San Francisco/ San Jose) regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned at a later date.
- Oversight of Northern California regional business development processes, which includes the timely delivery of report data into FirstService Residential corporate office.
- Responsible for the implementation of ideas, methodologies, and initiatives specific to the perpetual generation of business development leads.
- Responsible to make prospecting calls and site visits with the goal of setting up "introductory meetings" that would include local / regional management leadership as a way to drive the generation of leads.
- This position is responsible for the implementation, ongoing evaluation and reporting of the takeover sales research / discovery process.
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting on company new business lead generation initiatives specific to Northern California regions in partnership with other company department and business unit leaders.
- This position is one of "active" selling and has the responsibility to attend both internal and external business development meetings and / or events, which may include but is not limited to; industry conferences and meetings and company hosted business development events. This may require travel and overnight stays.
- Participate in the creation and documentation of department operational goals and objectives, while also maintaining department tracking and reporting tools directly related to department operations in Northern California regions.
- Coordination of the receipt of, production of, delivery of and the follow-up / tracking of management RFP's, including individualized and customized proposal material, specific to Northern California regions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the importance of product presentation, quality and accuracy and implements processes to achieve such on a consistent basis and ensures that the finished product meets those standards set by FirstService Residential.
- Coordination of the production and delivery of management contracts to the designated sales lead in partnership with corporate accounting, business unit leaders and company executives. In addition, this position needs to fully understand and be able to speak to the various contract elements and their meaning / purpose in a concise, friendly and effective way.
- Coordination, production and delivery of weekly regional sales target result reports to FirstService Residential corporate office.
- Resident expert in regard to FirstService Residential sales database (CRM) in addition to the responsibility to oversee the population of all data specific to FirstService Residential Northern California regions.
- Maintains file and pertinent data / material on industry competition specific to regional business units. Material may include but is not limited to; contracts, review of web sites, service offerings, regional footprints, etc
- Responsible for managing positive client relationships by addressing operational issues and facilitating client relationships with internal partners within each regional business unit.
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently with minimal day to day supervision, as direct supervisor is located in FirstService Residential corporate office and has significant business travel responsibilities.
- Assist in the growth of both current and potentially new market
- This position identifies new initiatives and opportunities both within and outside of existing business development programs/services.
- Demonstrates an ability to determine what analyses would be of benefit to the company / potential client and is able to prepare accurate, comprehensive analyses with reasonable conclusions.
- Demonstrates strong and effective relationship building skills.
- Responsible for department budget monitoring, which includes the creation and approval of department expenses specific to the Northern California efforts.
- Assists in the preparation of the department communications, which may include but is not limited to; collateral material, web site content, direct mailings, client gifts, client entertainment, etc
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good communicator and enjoys working with people - demonstrating excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Can convey sincerity, warmth and a desire to serve.
- Relationship building skills - needs to be able to immediately develop rapport with a variety of personalities and "types" of clients and potential clients.
- Ability to address difficult issues and guide team toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Manage time well and appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel to the various regions that FirstService Residential is or is contemplating doing business.
- Has an ability to handle multiple priorities and to work under strict deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in and demonstration of leadership.
- At least 4 to 6 years experience in the field of community management, including actual HOA property management experience.
- College degree or extensive equivalent experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver's license and state mandated vehicle insurance.