Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The successful candidate must be able to provide accurate and timely accounting services to Strata owners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Preparing annual budgets and monthly financial statements for assigned Strata Corporations
- Responding to financial inquiries of Strata Managers and councils
- Monitoring and resolving any accounts payable and accounts receivable issues
- Performing financial analysis and reports as directed
- Creating ad hoc reports and completing special projects as required
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must possess significant accounting experience combined with formal accounting training.
- Able to communicate clearly with both internal and external contacts.
- Proven combination of attention to detail with speed and efficiency are a must
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements
- Solid accounting experience, preferably with Yardi Enterprise
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a demanding environment
- Excellent analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Well organized, resourceful and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively in a team environment with the ability to train and support new and existing property accountants
- Possess a sense of urgency to ensure departmental service deliverables and standards are met
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Property Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)