Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join the team in our Charlotte, NC Regional office
Primary Responsibilities: Perform duties related to invoice capture, routing for proper approvals, assisting property management in general ledger account coding, invoice issue resolution, and payment issuance to association vendors.
- Process payments to vendors timely for all associations assigned, ensuring duplicates and other errors are corrected prior to check issuance.
- Review error queues in Avid to ensure all invoice information is captured correctly and processes are followed to ensure timely payment of invoices to association vendors.
- Troubleshoot issues in regards to invoices and payments.
- Team with management to obtain proper documentation for vendor setup.
- Provide training, guidance and support to system users in their information requirements, process management, and application knowledge. Assist users on new processes and functions.
- Identify reoccurring errors and recommend training, documents, and/or procedures to reduce errors.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Must have strong computers and systems knowledge and proficiency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven
- Critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and decision making abilities.