If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Member Services Advisor to join our team.
The Member Services Advisor is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to current and potential members by completing member transactions, providing members with solutions to their financial needs, and/or referring members to an appropriate advisor.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Member Service: Provides exceptional customer service by providing advice and support to members; processes cash related transactions including, but not limited to: opening member accounts, deposits, withdrawals, utility payments, etc. May assist members in completing forms, term deposits and applications for credit/debit cards.
- Branch Goals: Supports the achievement of annual branch goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participating in branch campaigns, and actively seeking referral opportunities during interactions with members or potential members. Identifies member life stage and seeks opportunities to cross-sell or refer to an appropriate branch advisor. Achieves established individual sales and referral targets.
- Branch Support: Performs administrative duties which may include, but not limited to: balancing the treasury, daily ATM maintenance and troubleshooting, preparing and distributing cash orders.
- Additional Duties: Depending on the region and/or branch, the Member Services Advisor may be required to provide administrative support to branch advisors, make outgoing calls to members, complete compliance and/or audit activities, complete end to end processes related to ATM and night deposits, etc.
- Other duties as required by branch leadership
Branch/Regional Differentiation: Based on branch needs and staffing model, the following may apply to the MSA role:
- Provide initial member contact and connect members with the appropriate advisor. Schedule member appointments for advisors, and any other duties required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
High School diploma
Completion of FW Sales Essentials Course, within 6 months of hire
Cash handling experience
1 year retail/customer service experience
Proficient in computer software programs e.g. Microsoft Office
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.