If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Regular Part Time Insurance Advisor (trainee) to join our team on Salt Spring Island.
As an Insurance Advisor Trainee you will be provided all of the training needed to be a successful Insurance Agent, at no cost to you.
The Insurance Advisor (trainee) provides timely and accurate transactional services to clients, administrative support to the insurance team and responds professionally to basic inquiries over the phone, in person and through email, directing clients to the appropriate staff member as needed. This trainee position will actively work to upgrade skills, knowledge and qualifications to acquire the level 1 general insurance license within an established timeframe.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Processing Transactions: Shadows an experienced Insurance Advisor in processing clients’ ICBC Autoplan transactions including purchasing, transferring and terminating coverage. Under observation conducts interviews and enters information in the system for the client.
- Support: Schedules client appointments for advisors and greets and assists walk in clients and clients who have an appointment.
- Business Development: Participates in the sales and service culture by actively building relationships with new and existing clients and makes qualified referrals to insurance advisors, retail banking, commercial and other lines of business.
- General Office Duties: Performs administrative duties including, but not limited to: ordering stationary and office supplies, preparing correspondence, filing, managing incoming and outgoing mail and distributing information to insurance staff; completes activity planners monthly and reviews with performance leader.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Level one General Insurance License completed within first 30 days (CAIB one preferred)
- One or more years of previous customer service and sales experience
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated with a willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to prioritize and plan work effectively to meet member and insurance team needs
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Company: Island Savings
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.