If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Financial Services Advisor (MMC) to join our Kelowna or Langley team.
The Financial Services Advisor (MCC) is based in the member contact centre and provides exceptional customer service to current and potential members by offering a range of deposit and personal lending services. The Financial Services Advisor identifies member life stage cycle and provides solutions to financial needs, and/or refers member to an appropriate advisor. The role also acts as the front line to inbound calls and emails.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; identifies member life stage cycle and provides financial advice to members or refers to appropriate advisor; works in partnership with the branch network in providing back up support for inbound calls.
- Processes a full range of member transactions including, but not limited to: opening personal or business accounts, debit/credit cards, deposits, overdraft protection, lines of credit, personal and/or investment loans (within assigned limits), and related insurance products.
- Supports achievement of annual team and individual goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participation in campaigns, and actively seeking potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with members or potential members. Achieves established annual sales and referral targets.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties which may include, but not limited to: administration of estates, completion of loan applications, conducting credit investigations, assisting with loan interviews, and follow-up phone calls to members, as required.
- Acts as multi-divisional support to technical support calls/emails, as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Certificate is preferred
- One year retail banking experience in a sales/service-focused position, or equivalent
- Proficient in computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs and recommend products and services to members
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.