If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team.
Under managerial direction, provides financial analysis, management reporting and decision support. This role assists with regular business performance analysis, and plays a central role in budgeting and forecasting. The Financial Analyst enhances, improves and sustains the Finance department’s role and brand within the Credit Union. This role contributes to the creation of an environment that supports teamwork, collaboration and the achievement of results within the department.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
Financial Analysis & Modeling: Conducts regular business performance analysis and reporting, including revenue and cost analysis, business case development and financial modeling; monitors actual performance against budget and provides recommendations to improve financial performance
Modeling: Assists with implementing appropriate financial modeling and forecasting to support the organization’s strategic goals, enhancing the capability for internal modeling of financial outcomes, margin, balance sheet projections, capital, liquidity, operating expenses and non-interest income. Assists with implementing the rolling monthly budgeting and forecasting processes and systems and providing support at an operational level.
Performance Metrics: Assists with identifying and establishing leading performance metrics to guiding operational strategies using such tools as benchmarking, industry ratio analysis and performance standards.
Budgeting & Forecasting: Active involvement in the budgeting and forecasting processes. Contributes to the delivery of internal service excellence by the Finance department in the production, quality and timeliness of internal reporting by monitoring consistency, accuracy and reasonableness and assisting with inquiries from business units.
Relationship Building: Liaises and builds trusted working relationships with internal stakeholders, providing financial advisory services and analytics; and serves as primary Finance resource for business units across the organization.
Strategic Projects: Participates in strategic projects including but not limited to, mergers, enterprise systems, business transformation, and federal continuance; in the areas of financial system integration, financial system implementation, and internal control design and project management.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting required
- CPA, CGA, CA or CMA (alternatively CFA) designations required
- 3 years of experience in an analytical finance role within a service-oriented financial services organization is preferable, along with demonstrated proficiency in complex financial analysis and problem solving
- Knowledge of Finance theory, corporate planning processes and budgeting systems experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with Adaptive Insights software preferred
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Please apply by: 5:00 pm XXXXX
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.