If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our team.
Participates as an active member of a functional team, applying an advanced level of business and technical expertise to the analysis of complex business problems, and assessment of how automated systems can be implemented to solve them.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Liaises with business groups across the organization to facilitate the planning, design, development, and implementation of new or systems and business processes.
- Applies a variety of techniques to capture and define the client’s business, current state gaps and issues, and emerging business requirements.
- Documents existing business processes, organization structures and architectures in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Leads translation of conceptual user requirements into functional requirements by creating appropriate documentation such as models, specifications, workflows, diagrams and charts that provide direction to developers, testers and/or the project team.
- Facilitates project approval process, involving all key stakeholders to establish consensus; and also providing expertise to business case development and presentation efforts.
- Supports all stages of the project life cycle, communicating changes, enhancements, and modifications to project managers and business stakeholders, managing risk, and managing/communicating client expectations to the project team.
- Participates in orientation and training of end users with respect to new/modified systems.
- Participates in review of business analysis processes and procedures, and has an active role in development of enhancements to support service optimization.
- Researches developments and trends in new business systems, technology products or tools; participates in assessing potential value to the organization; and makes related recommendations to supervisor.
- Participates in regular department meetings to discuss current activities and provide an advanced level of input and expertise on problems and issues. Provides input to reports regarding status of assignments, ensuring supervisor is alerted to any related issues or concerns.
- Maintain a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- Maintain compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in information technology, and 4 - 6 years related IT experience in a business systems analysis function, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Achievement of related designation/ certification would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, theories, practices and techniques of the information technology field, with emphasis on business systems analysis
- Advanced technical knowledge and skills to provide expertise to business systems analysis, and understand the relevant programming language, products and tools
- Solid understanding of business functions across the organization
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate consensus building on business/technical requirements and solutions through collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Solid research, analytical, and problem solving skills to actively participate in development of complex business solutions
- Advanced understanding of the project management cycle to provide input at key intervals, and to manage client expectations throughout the life of each project
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.