First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Industrial Bus Drivers in Kitimat, B.C.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule;
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required;
- Operates on-board computer
- A valid Class 2 Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement;
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years;
- A minimum of 3 years experience driving buses
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- A clean, “No Contraventions” Driver’s Abstract;
- To be able to pass criminal records check;
- To be able to pass pre employment health screening
- Industrial construction site environment: early, split & late shifts may be required;
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment;
- Highway and jobsite driving in sometimes adverse weather conditions.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.