NOTE: The following position is for proposed new business and is contingent upon First Canada winning the contract.
Join the First Canada team as a General Manager and initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Canada General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
First Canada ULC is a subsidiary of FirstGroup plc – the world’s leading bus and passenger rail transport operator, transporting 2.5 billion passengers per year with the help of 110,000 employees worldwide!
First Canada is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and RRSP
- A great work environment
General Manager major responsibilities:
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies
- Maintaining company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensuring compliance of local, provincial, and federal laws and regulation
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and forecasts
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans accordingly
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention
- Assuring a safe working environment
- Providing and promotes effective communications with customers
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all personnel
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs
- Assisting in technical sales support and develops sales leads
General Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- 10 years or equivalent of recent or relevant direct experience managing all aspects of public transit service
- Experience with Trapeze is preferred
- Frontline knowledge and experience in the areas of fixed route bus operation similar in size to that of the Greater Toronto/York Region
- Union contract negotiation, private sector and public sector interface experience
- Strong budgeting skills
- Possess a certified community transit manager certificate issued by community transit association
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer