As a Developer, you’ll be part of the Finning Digital Performance Solutions team based in our Gastown office in Vancouver, BC. In the role you’ll be…
- Tasked with solving challenging technical problems and collaborate with other Developers.
- Utilizing your technical skills to contribute to architecture and technology choices.
- Building MVP and POCs as well as scalable enterprise applications.
- Part of a small team building the next generation of customer facing applications and solutions.
Our Finning Digital team is Global and you’ll work with Finning counterparts across our 3 Regions – Canada, South America, and the UK & Ireland.
Are you hungry to learn and flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, and entrepreneurial environment? Keep reading and apply below!
What You’ll Do:
- Interact with Product and Project Managers, vendors, and other teams members working as a collaborative agile team
- Design, code, and test new solutions, build test automation and CI/CD automation to deploy them to Azure
- Write clean code that is modular, efficient, and maintainable
- Develop unit tests and troubleshoot issues
- Build APIs, web-services, and other integrations
- Open communicate with other members of your team such as the testers, other developers and product managers
- Participate in stand-ups, demos and sprint reviews
- Participates of grooming sessions to flesh out the details developers need to action user stories
- Offer technical estimates to help prioritize backlog of user stories
- Activity participate in scrums and team meeting and collaborate with other teams within Finning Digital and the 3 regions
- Ongoing interaction with Technical Delivery Teams to acquire clarification of technical solutions of new and existing functionality
- Foster an open and collaborative environment
Who You Are:
- You have an Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- You have 2+ years of Software Development experience
- You're passionate about building software with the customer in mind
- You have implemented unit tests or automation frameworks
- You have been part of solution design / documentation and deployment with Azure or similar cloud platform
- You have worked in an Agile process and you’re able to document user stories build acceptance criteria
- You're comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing velocity and quality against business needs
- You have experience with blended and virtual teams
- You have experience with DevOps tooling
- You’re an exploratory developer with a proactive and curious personality
- You have a great sense of humour – at Finning Digital we work hard and have fun doing it!
- Spanish speaking skills are a bonus
We’re looking for a broad range of skill-sets! Experience with one or more of the following is an asset:
- C#, ASP.Net, .NET Core
- HTML5 and CSS3
- PowerShell, Azure Automation, DevOps tooling, Infrastructure as code
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Java Development
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.