Etherparty is a blockchain software company that develops smart contract applications. Our mission is to bring blockchain-based technology to the masses by simplifying the creation of agreements between people around the world. We are looking for diverse and entrepreneurial talent to join us. Founded by The Vanbex Group, a global leader in blockchain-based products and services, Etherparty is developing a platform that allows users to create smart contracts on any compatible blockchain without having any programming knowledge.
Having conducted one of the most successful ICOs in Canada last year, we have tripled our team size and now seeking an Operations Engineer to be a key member of our development team.
As an Operations Engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain an environment that supports continuous delivery of smart contracts and programming efforts on Ethereum blockchain
- Research, plan and implement relevant solutions to improve our production infrastructure
- Monitor and manage cloud servers and systems infrastructure by building, testing and deploying
- Identify and implement security strategies and action items
- Collaborate with the engineering team in an agile environment to develop exciting new solutions with blockchain technologies
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Operations Engineer using Linux technologies with a strong understanding of what DevOps is all about
- Experience with cloud server technology such as AWS, DigitalOcean and Google Cloud
- Experience with hardware
- Well-versed in Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Puppet
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following programming/scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby or Go
- Familiarity in one or more of the following web technologies: Node.js, Go, Python, React, Angular, Redux, VueJS, Bootstrap
- Experience with CentOS/RHEL; familiarity with Ubuntu and CoreOS a bonus
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and security concepts surrounding deployment
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Experience, understanding, or strong interest in smart contracts, cryptography and Ethereum
- Modern office centrally located in downtown Vancouver.
- Convenient access by car, bus, bike (with secure bike room), or SkyTrain.
- Office features: pet-friendly, beer and wine on tap, amazing coffee, snacks, subsidized lunch, and a shared gym.
- Performance electronic height-adjustable desks and ergonomic chairs.
- All Mac workstations with all the tools and goodies you need.
- Monthly public transit pass reimbursement.
- Learning and professional development budget to help advance your career.
- Extended medical benefits, including dental and vision care.
- We re serious about Innovation and Continuous Learning, Friday afternoons are yours to devote to discovery and creation.
- You ll have access to nearly 100 learning plans to support your career growth and development of leadership competencies.
If this role sounds like a match, we want to hear from you! Apply with your resume, GitHub link, and anything else that would help us get to know you.