Primarily responsible for intermediate level use of Microsoft Excel in support of ES3's Accounting and Finance Department's various reporting requirements. Execute accurate and timely submission of Government contract invoices. Perform maintenance and account reconciliation duties of the general ledger accounts through monthly journal entries, revenue recognition entries, ensuring government compliance & meeting GAAP standards. Must be able to work independently, time manage and accomplish goals in high pressure, time sensitive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Assist with monthly close process
- Assist in preparing the monthly Accounts Receivable invoices to both Government and Commercial customers
- Assist in preparing the monthly contract summaries for the Government customers
- Maintain fixed asset register and perform physical verifications
- Prepare and oversee the State Sales and Use tax preparation and filings (for 3 states)
- Prepare and oversee the Business Property Tax filings (for 4 counties)
- Assist with overseeing the Government Property database, ensure compliance and perform physical verifications
- Assist and oversee the commercial contracts and provide ad hoc reporting
- Maintain purchased material inventory under commercial contracts and allocate costs to appropriate cost objective
- Must be able to work independently, time manage and accomplish goals in high pressure, time sensitive environment.
- Able to shift gears quickly and re-prioritize responsibilities on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis.
- Supports any other accounting projects, reporting and Ad Hoc assignments as needed.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience, preferably in government accounting or general accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and fixed asset management
- Knowledge of MS Office, (Word and Excel) computer software, and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- Demonstrated high ethical standards for confidentiality, honesty, truthfulness and integrity
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. No travel is expected for this position.
ES3 offers an environment that is both enriching and rewarding. An exceptional benefits program is offered including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance,
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account,
- Paid-Time-Off, Holiday Leave, and a generous 401K retirement plan with Employer Match.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.