Contemporary handbag manufacturer looking for a Junior level designer to create and execute original, trend-appropriate designs that cater to buyer needs and drive sales. Emperia, Inc. is a handbag manufacturer and distributor based in downtown Los Angeles. We work with major brands and retailers. Ability to successfully manage the product development calendar is must! Relaxed, casual environment with lots of potential for growth!
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; create a new line every season with original designs that are "designer" inspired. Be involved in sales meetings to receive and react to buyer feedback.
- Design according to sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
Operations & Results
- Create CADs and tech packs; approve and create spec sheets
- Communicate with factory overseas to coordinate the timely delivery of samples. Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library
- Approve lab dips and ensure consistency with color standards.
Skills and Requirements
- Understanding of contemporary/moderate handbag market; has a "great eye". Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising;
- Extensive knowledge of handbag construction, silhouettes, fabrication and trim
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Fashion Design.
- Minimum one years' experience in handbag design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year based on experience.
- Fashion Design: 2 years (Required)
Please send us your resume and handbag designs as reference.
Welcome to join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year