Our Mission is to support women who are, have been, or at conflict with the law. Our vision is a society that ensures all women have the dignity and capacity to make informed choices about their lives and avoid conflict with the law.
External Job Posting
Position: Financial Administrator
Length of Employment : Permanent
Reports to: Manager of Finance
Detailed analytical reviews and reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable/receivable processing, assisting with quarterly budget projections and annual budget preparation, backup duties for Manager Finance, general accounting assistance and administrative support to the Executive Director and Manager Finance.
Nature and Scope
The position is part of a team reporting to the Manager of Finance. The incumbent must possess an understanding of accounting principles and the computerized accounting program to ensure that data entered into the system is properly coded and labeled. This will ensure that reports generated by the system provide meaningful financial information. The candidate must have the capacity to generate general and special reports and to organize information in a way that will serve the needs of the organization.
Processes Accounts Payable invoices, investigates discrepancies and prepares cheques/direct deposits.
- Processes federal and provincial billings which include fees for service, client fees/allowances, tokens, prescriptions, number of bed nights, In-Reach program, Personal Support Worker, and Double Staffing charges.
- Follows up on aging receivables, tracks and updates the A/R schedule
- Keeps statistics of bed utilization in residence
- Maintains data and collects monthly rent from tenants.
- Implement the income verification process for all residents, including issuing letters to residents, following up with residents and support teams, initiating changes to rent charges where necessary.
- Implement and maintain electronic fund transfers from residents for rent payments directly from resident bank accounts.
- Communicate with ODSP, OW or other bodies about direct payments and electronic funds transfers.
- Issue reports related to the rent system including arrears reports and rent rolls.
- Review arrears reports and work with team members to ensure accuracy, internal controls, and correct use of the AR module in QuickBooks.
- Provide information and explanations of rent charges or outstanding balances to residents, support workers, program managers, and other relevant staff
- Work with other teams and staff to resolve issues related to rents and the rent system and procedures.
Accounting and Administration
- Maintains, replenishes, reconciles, and disburses tokens to staff.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits.
- Maintains, reconciles and replenishes residential petty cash of $1,600.
- Supports in recording donations, issuance of tax receipts and reconciliation.
- In the absence of Manager Finance meets all management's financial requirements of the organization by ensuring the accurate and timely production of necessary financial reports, financial statements; analyze and interpret financial reports and make recommendations to the Executive Director, Finance and Audit Committee and the Board.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process by obtaining input from management and other key individuals about overall direction and goals and their best estimates of financial resources necessary to achieve these goals.
- Assists with preparation of all schedules and working papers required by the auditor on a timely basis after the organization's year-end.
- Serve as a resource to a potential Finance and Audit Committee and Board, as required.
- Participate in the review of the organization's internal controls on an annual basis and report findings to the Manager Finance.
- Assist in preparing responses and attending meetings with the organization's bankers, Ministry representatives, city officials, and any other external audience.
- Assist the Manager Finance on any special projects as and when required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years financial experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with computer-based accounting system, techniques and practices (QuickBooks) and proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access Database).
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to effectively prepare complex financial statements and reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate with service providers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, as well as effective listening skills.
- Ability to work independently on complex and diversified projects with general, but limited, guidance.
Factors in the Work Environment
Regular hours of employment are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday with work required outside regular work hours. The position is based at the Head Office. This is a smoke-free environment. Occasional travel may be required.
Applicants should quote \