Sr. Developer OMNI/Mobile will be responsible for OMNI System support and development with emphasis on front end UI development and mobile iOS development. This includes designing, building, managing and supporting all Store Systems and Customer Service user facing functionality from various applications within the direct to consumer technology space. This is a hands-on role that requires development and support of the applications you will build, or support of applications build for Eileen Fisher.
In this role this individual will be responsible for ensuring application developers, vendors and consultants adhere to developing standard, governance and best practices when building applications.
- Ensure standards, best practices are adhered to related to the design, develop and implementation of all user facing applications
- Delivering solutions across all areas of the Direct to Consumer (DTC) technology space which includes: POS - NCR, OMNI OMS – Sterling, Integration - Mulesoft API Connectivity platform, CRM - Merkle, ERP - MI9
- Provide daily technical support for the OMNI systems, including troubleshooting and debugging issues.
- Hands on development of solutions focuses on Sterling OMS, and the UI portion of this tool, also hands on development of creating mobile IOS applications and frameworks for tying mPOS in stores, client telling and sterling OMS together.
- Deliver best practice optimized code
- Delivery optimized code that is performance tunes and tested
- Delivery of code that adheres to standard around exception handling, error handling and logging and auditing
- Experience with Implementing front-end solutions using CSS, HTML & Browser Developer tools
- Clear understanding of componentized application architecture
- Effectively employ DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery using technology such as Jenkins
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work with various team members within IT who are at different experience levels
- Experience learning different applications that you don’t have experience with, and can learn these applications to build new or enhance existing functionality
- Logical Thinking
- Realizing client vision and be able to position business benefits with Technology solutions.
- Good knowledge of Inventory and Order management within OMNI Retail space.
- Good Communication Skills – written and spoken
- 5-7 years of experience with UI/UX components
- 3-5 years of retail experience
- Git skills and respective branching strategies
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Understands and has worked with various middleware tools (Mule, Tibco or similar)
- Cordova or React native
- Good knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- Experience of working with Technology Vendors particularly in the Mobile POS space.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or subsystems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Science, Mathematics, Physics (or equivalent)