WHO WE ARE
With offices in Burbank and London, EIKON offers motion picture mastering and versioning services to a variety of clients in the Feature Film and Broadcast industries. We are looking for a dedicated self-starter to join our fast-growing Technology team.
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our technology platforms. You will be our first tier of support, and will be in charge of prioritizing requests, troubleshooting problems, and working on challenging issues alongside senior staff members.
You will have the opportunity to train with members of all departments, to better understand the end to end workflows for all of our services. Building on this knowledge, you will develop workflow enhancements using a variety of technical solutions.
- Assist our users by resolving their technical issues, ranging in scope from software to hardware support
- Analyze workflows and develop creative solutions to enhance productivity
- Assist with the ingress and egress of digital and physical assets
- Ensure that all security protocols are strictly adhered to
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Basic familiarity with Linux, Windows, macOS and modern IT infrastructure
- Comfortable navigating a filesystem and performing tasks via the command line
- Experience organizing large amounts of data
- documents, pictures, videos, etc.
- naming, folder structure, asset identification, timestamps, file metadata
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in solving problems
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate workflows across multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to learn a variety of technology tools to best support users and operations, with an ability to adapt to new methods and workflows
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar technical environment
- Flexible and responsive approach to handle tight turnarounds, and re-assess workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience with high-speed electronic delivery software
- Knowledge of Digital Cinema workflows, standards, and tools
- Experience with content security and encryption
- Comfortable and skilled with command line on any platform
- Experience administering Active Directory
- Proficient with command line on any platform
- Proficient with Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Experience scripting in any language
- Strong understanding of storage and networking technology
- Experience with a broad range of physical media, including mounting/troubleshooting on all platforms
This position will be shift-based, and will involve either a morning or evening shift. It will also involve working on weekends and public holidays as required.