Account Manager, Public Relations
At Eighty-Eight, we're known for our sense of humour (Agency or Porn), our creative ways of getting the attention of potential clients (hi Warby Parker!), and our use of new tech to solve client problems (woohoo TIFFBOT). We work with forward-thinking, creative startup and enterprise clients like Girls Who Code, LowestRates.ca, Sony Pictures Television, and TELUS, and we do pro bono work for non-profit clients like The Upside Foundation of Canada and Venture Out. We're looking for an Account Manager to join our communications team.
Are you a proactive self-starting PR professional with curiosity at your core and an eye for a story? Do you want to be part of a forward-thinking team and push your boundaries as a comms specialist?
As an Account Manager, you'll take the lead on projects from managing the initial brief to crafting and executing campaigns, all while ensuring the outcomes are appropriately aligned with the clients' needs. You'll own accounts with a focus on business and technology, including managing the strategy, executing media relations, developing a client's thought leadership, and much more.
What you'll do:
- Daily communications with clients to build a successful working relationship
- Manage and lead day-to-day account activities with the internal team and clients
- Provide timely feedback and progress updates to senior leaders and clients regarding client programs/accounts
- Retain and grow account base
- Work with senior leaders to develop strategic proposals and pitch new business
- Provide strategic PR counsel to clients by understanding the evolving media landscape and what creates a great story, what resonates with media
- Develop insightful and creative ideas to drive results
- Identify, monitor and develop solutions on issues/crisis management with direction and support from senior leaders
- Build and maintain strong media, blogger and influencer relationships
- Effectively manage internal and external relationships (i.e. with vendors or agency partners)
Who you are:
- Have 3 - 5 years of PR experience working in an agency
- Relevant university/college degree/diploma
- Proven relationship building skills
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Experienced project manager with an understanding of integrated communications
- Social media, digital and traditional media savvy with a thorough understanding of the Canadian media landscape
- Strong existing relationships with business, technology and/or consumer media
- Detailed oriented with exceptional writing skills
- Experience working with data to create news
- Have a willingness to learn and step outside your day-to-day responsibilities to help teammates as needed
- Have previous experience working with startups
- Ability and interest to guide and mentor junior staff
What you'll get:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible benefits package
- A friendly and supportive agency environment
- Lots of beverages and snacks
- A pet-friendly office with occasionally puppy drop-ins
- Flexibility to wear what you want (except flip flops, we're not animals)
- A fun event on the first Friday of every month (which yes, we know every agency says, but ours are actually fun)
Where you'll work:
- Our open concept office at Queen & Spadina in the heart of downtown Toronto
We're looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting role; we will only contact those we are interested in meeting.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Public Relations: 3 years (Required)