- The person is an experienced Software Engineer that will create, maintain and scale out both new and existing high-volume web applications. Specific duties include:
- Developing, analyzing, troubleshooting high volume web systems with backend SQL Server, Linux and Windows database administration
- Building, maintaining and optimizing the back-end platforms for high volume web systems
- Architect and develop new products and enhance current product features based on market changes and opportunities
- Refactor, update, and revitalize codebases as advances in technology allow for more capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix system failures and system performance, especially as systems scale
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with at least:
- 5 years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of .NET, MYSQL, & C#
- Experience developing high volume web systems with backend SQL Server databases
- An eye for usability
- Proficiency in unit testing is preferred.
- Proficiency in excel is preferred.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Independent Decision Making: Ability to work autonomously with little supervision and a high attention to detail and quality. Uses analysis, consistent rationality and objectivity when making decisions. Anticipates consequences of judgments.
- Adaptable: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture. Willing and able to learn multiple, diverse technologies rather than leaning on a single 'favorite'.
- Results Oriented: Motivated and able to juggle the dueling needs of a 'best' and 'fastest' solution. Not interested in the academic process of coding so much as the bottom line impact.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
Job Type: Full-time
- .Net: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 5 years (Preferred)