Mar 23, 2018
Eight Inc. is looking for a Junior Designer to work in our San Francisco office. This person will be involved in concept design, design development and documentation, working closely with all project team members. Junior designers are required to develop 2D and 3D representations, interpret design direction, and prepare this information to be clearly communicated. As a creative experience design agency we expect successful candidates to demonstrate strong design skills and the ability to express their ideas in a variety of media including hand sketches, 3d modelling and rendering, collages etc. Junior designers will also be closely involved in the preparation of implementation documents, through material research and detail documentation.
Design for a variety for clients requiring a broad range of experience. Prepare concepts for client presentations. Define and develop creative concepts according to creative brief requirements and the client’s objectives. Collaborate with studio directors and fellow designers to take a project from initial idea to final output. Be flexible in design and able to take direction, feedback and observations with a positive attitude. Be able to work and liaise across all departments to produce the best response to creative briefs. Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Report to and review work with both Principal and Studio Directors.
Desired Skills and Experience Qualifications:
- A degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, 3d Design or similar field Professional experience required.
- Experience in retail design a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) Proficiency in Rhino or Cinema 4D
- Ability to express their ideas in a variety of media including hand sketches, 3d modeling, rendering and collages
- Design curious – must be passionate, observant and self-motivated
- Exposure with multidisciplinary design projects.
- Ability to produce conceptual designs. Must have the ability to effectively present ideas (both verbally and visually).
To be considered, send your CV, portfolio links, references and any supporting materials (no more than 8mb) to us via email.