Our research associates work with our Sector Analysts to provide comprehensive, timely and in-depth research reports and recommendations for our clients. Currently, we are looking for a research associate in the Consumer /Cannabis sector. The Consumer/Cannabis team is focused on analyzing emerging cannabis companies as well as traditional consumer retail companies.
- Assist the Analyst in performing analysis of the sector and of companies covered;
- Examine covered companies' prospects, operations and management, leading to investment recommendations for Eight Capital's clients;
- Develop, maintain & update detailed financial models and industry databases;
- Prepare research publications, morning comments and presentations;
- Answer client inquiries and assist in planning of conferences hosted by the analyst;
- Participate in marketing efforts with the Sales & Trading desk; and
- Comply with guidelines with respect to professional conduct (e.g. CFA institute standards of practice).
The Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in a financial or business-oriented discipline (i.e. BComm or MBA) or a technical discipline (i.e. engineering);
- A CFA or CPA designation, or working towards one of these designations is desired;
- 2-3 years of experience in corporate finance, accounting and/or financial services (experience at an investment dealer preferred);
- Exceptional attention to detail is necessary, plus superior writing/communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (prior financial modeling or VBA expertise is an asset);
- Strong quantitative skills (finance or accounting work experience/education);
- A commitment to working independently under strict time constraints that requires flexibility with respect to hours and tasks;
- The ability to work closely with Analysts - communicating with institutional clients, learning about investment opportunities; and
- Prior experience analyzing industries and companies (e.g., knowledgeable about how to analyze and prepare industry analysis, assess company strategy, build comparable company databases, etc.).
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)