EIGER MARKETING: | At the core we concept, produce and execute events, marketing partnerships and hospitality experiences. But where we really shine, is in our familiarity with the sports marketplace and the relationships we’ve built with teams, talent, venues, properties and industry executives which allows us to seamlessly navigate solutions for clients. We develop smarter strategies that produce impactful brand and consumer experiences.
Tournament Name: | LPGA LA Open www.la-open.com
Tournament Director: | David Tucker
Tournament Coordinator: | Megan Herrera
Overview: | The Marketing and Event Tournament Intern will be exposed to all facets of tournament and event management operations in preparation for the 2019 LPGA LA Open to be held April 22nd-28th at Wilshire Country Club in Los Angeles, CA. Positions are open to undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates (sports marketing and business majors preferred, but not required).
Start & End Date: | The start date for this position is mid-January 2019 until the end of April. The position would start as part time for the first 2 months and move into full time in the beginning of April. Internship concludes at the end of April.
The responsibilities of this position are the coordination of day-to-day activities in support of the Executive Directors, Tournament Director, Volunteer Coordinator and entire staff for the HUGEL JTBC LA Open including, marketing program organization, hospitality assistance and general administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with all sales decks, work back documents, and other communications
- Assist in management of hospitality suites and/or on-site expo booths
- Assist with organization of special events
- Handle general information inquiries about events
- Assist tournament staff with administrative duties (filing, research, answering telephone, tickets etc.)
- Work with staff on miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Take initiative and operate proactively in project management and problem solving
- Produce social media campaign
- Assist Pro Am event management
- Initiate community event activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization, and telephone skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Team Player and knowledge of Golf preferred
- Must be available April 15th – April 29th including weekends
- Weekend and odd hours are required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks, work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Megan Herrera:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.